This is going to be quite a long post… but I’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award! YAY!
I’ve never heard of the Liebster award until this moment however, this is not only 1 nomination but two nominations!
Thank you so so much and this award means a lot, as being here for around 2 months, I know how important it is for us bloggers to help each other into sharing each others knowledge! The Liebster award is for fellow bloggers to nominate other blogs of under 500 followers, for them to be recognized! This is like a chain award and I’m so happy to be part of this!
Well… this is going to be a long post, as I’m gonna have to answer a whole long list of questions…
Questions from Candy Coated Culinista:
1. If you could live one other place in the world, besides where you currently reside where would it be and why?
This is quite a hard question because I’d love to live in England, or Japan (Tokyo), or in the states! I’d probably go with England as I’d always been a die-heart Harry Potter fan and I had wanted to go and see if Hogwarts ever existed! Plus, the food ingredients there are so much more cheaper compared to Hong Kong!
2. What book(s) are you reading right now?
Wow, books! Books, books and more books! Lately, I’ve been re-reading the Divergent series, but I’ve also read The Maze Runner, The Book Thief (again), and I’ve read quite a bit of To Kill A Mockingbird! Please do read the Divergent series, it’s one of my all time favourites!
3. Something you achieved that you thought could never happen (it can be simple or major)?
I’ve never thought I’d be able to get a merit on my grade 8 piano exam, considering how lazy I was at practicing *oops*, but I guess that is an achievement! I’m finally a Grade 8 Pianist!
4. How would your friends describe you?
They’d probably describe me as very very talkative?! I’m quite loud with my friends and sometimes, I might get quite bossy, but overall I try not to be controlling?! I’m very fast at getting new ideas and I’m not too much of a listener unless I try really hard… But overall, I hope they find that I’m nice and honest and caring! Oh, they also find me responsible and smart-I find it very hard to forget homework… *awkward nerd moment*
5. What is your go to song to put you in that happy mood?
I don’t exactly have a “go-to” song, but at the moment, the Divergent Soundtrack just makes me feel giddy with happiness, especially with the songs Beating Heart and I need you-this was at the ziplining scene and it was so beautiful :’)
6. One thing you would like to try that you have never before?
I’m not sure actually! However the first thing that comes into my mind is sky-diving and I’m super afraid of heights! If I could do that and overcome my fear for heights, that’d be pretty cool!
7. What makes you laugh?
Jokes, people, my mother, basically things that are funny in general-e.g. stupid mistakes that I make myself or the mistakes that people make 😉
8. What food always takes you back to your childhood and why?
I don’t have a food that takes me back to my childhood because… I’m still in it!
9. The one thing you can’t live without?
The one thing I couldn’t live without would be… well if it was a person, definitely my mum-no matter how annoying it is for mums to nag at you, you still love them and depend so much on them. But, for a “thing” I’m gonna go with my laptop or my phone WITH WIFI, as I take them wherever I go-they’re actually the closest friends that I have, and are always by my side!
10. One goal you are working to achieve?
Well, I’m pretty sure I’m going to get kicked out next round, but hopefully I’ll get into the finals of my school’s masterchef competition!
11. A food you can’t live without and a food you can’t stand?
A food I couldn’t live without at the moment would probably be chocolate-just a little bit of chocolate can lift my mood up, and a food I can not stand is eating boiled tomatoes, ew ew ew, they are absolutely disgusting. I’m rather weird in the sense that I like ketchup but I hate eating tomatoes-salad ones are fine, but just cooked tomatoes that are not a sauce-eugh.
12. What is one thing you wished you continued when you were younger that you didn’t, and are kicking yourself about today?
Well, I wish I continued swimming or even ballet, because I’m officially a potato or a mushroom that is so unfit I’d probably run slower than a toddler learning how to walk. I’m just that unfit. Like what on earth is excersize? ew. 😀
Questions from Lydia Devadason:
1) Do you drink? What is your alcohol preference?
Excuse me. I’m underage. I can’t drink. Haha, I actually do drink and I like white wine the best because it’s the sweetest for me, though champagne is nice and fizzy! But beer and whisky are just so strong that I cringe right away.
2) If you were a tree, what kind would you be and why?
I’d be a fruit tree, possibly apples as I love apples!
3) What is your favorite thing to find – be it in a store, on the street, in the woods, etc
MONEY! No, I’m just kidding, I’m not that hungry for money, though it’d be nice! 😉 I’m not too sure on this one actually!
4) Do you have houseplants? Why? Why not?
Nope! Hello to the city life, where I personally feel bad if I have to have plants here! The air is so contaminated and polluted in Hong Kong that I’d rather be like “Plants, please return to the countryside, you are safer there!”
5) What was the last major goal you met?
This was answered above so yeah… moving on!
6) Do you consider yourself environmentally conscious? If so, what measures do you take?
I’m gonna be guilty and say that I’m not environmentally conscious. In school, I’m constantly reminded of it, but sometimes it can’t be helped that I use electricity, that I use lots of paper. But I do try to recycle things, and switch off lights and save water as much as I can!
7) Why do you blog?
I blog to keep a record of the recipes I try out, and it makes it so much more easier for me to go back and find recipes in the past! I also blog to share recipes that I find, with the people that have the same food taste as me!
8) What’s the most interesting place you have visited?
I haven’t visited many interesting places honestly. I’ve visited a lot of fun places in Japan (Tokyo), and I’ve been to Scotland. I’d say that they weren’t interesting but more of an enjoyable place to have fun in as they didn’t intrigue me, but I had a lot of fun there! P.S. in Scotland its this town called Oban and the seafood there is absolutely amazing-I’d pay so much just to go there and devour mussels again! Yum!
9) Given the opportunity, would you travel to space?
Sure! I think we should taken every given opportunity, and experience as much as we can! Life is short, and what more can we do than enjoy it! #YOLO 🙂
10) If you could make a documentary about one topic, what would it be?
I’d probably make the documentary about Happiness. There are so many people in this world that suffer, go through hard times. We are sometimes so caught up in studying or working that we forget the main purpose of life. It’s to live happily. The human race, I think need to be reminded of that. One thing that I strongly believe in is that we need to do whatever we have to do, to make ourselves Happy, and for me, I love to read and cook. Though we all have our responsibilities-e.g. my studies, we still need to make sure that we give ourselves a little break, a little time for ourselves to enjoy life.
11) Do you plan on making contributions to change the world?
Well, to be honest I highly doubt that I could make contributions to change the world even if I wanted to. I’m like this tiny being out of the the 32 billion people. Insert quote: “Our world is so massive that it is completely out of our control, that we cannot possibly be as large as we feel”-Allegiant, Veronica Roth. But, I know for a fact that I can make changes to the people around me and help them as much as I could within my ability. If everyone does this, I’m sure we are able to change the world 🙂
Finally, for my nominees:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you.
2. Answer the questions you were given.
3. Nominate other blogs with less than 500 followers.
4. Post questions for your selected nominees to answer.
5. Tag and link the nominees and post a comment to let them know you have nominated and appreciate their hard work.
I’d like to wish you all good luck with your blogging and also, here are my questions for you:
1) What is your favourite dessert and why?
2) What is one weird fact about you?
3) What are your top three favourite books?
4) If you had the ability to invent a new kitchen tool that would suit your needs, what would it be?
5) What is your favourite music artist and genre?
6) What main goal are you planning to achieve in the next few years?
7) What superhero power do you want to have and why?
8) How would your friends describe you?
9) What place do you want to visit this summer?
10) If you were given a chance to change 1 event in your past, what would it be? *optional question as it may seem a little too personal*
*phew that was finally over*